Beachbreak Boogie /// East vs West
From the creators of 1WV1FN, comes another fresh approach to the single fin log-riding contest that continues to widen the playing field and offer up a modest pay day while doing so. A contest with no travel costs, no entry fees, no heats, no false claims, no tri-fins and no limited invites. Open to all men and women riding logs and forwarding the movement in their own way. Here’s the basic idea, best surfed beachbreak wave over a 3 month period wins. Simple as that. Winning male and female surfer each gets $800 usd and an invite into a future Vans Duct Tape Invitational held in beachbreak. The videographer for each winning wave will also receive $200 usd. Numbers taken from top 6 waves in both men/women will determine an overall “coast” winner. Winning coast will retain all bragging rights for one year and we’ll probably so something else cool as well.
EAST COAST TEAM: East Coast US, Africa, Brazil, Europe, Caribbean, Gulf of Mexico, etc
WEST COAST TEAM: West Coast US, Hawaii, Japan, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Bali, etc.
- A clip of your best single wave ridden at a beachbreak. Full ride – from takeoff to kickout
- Must be on a single fin log (9ft +) expressing traditional style
- Wave must be ridden within contest period: Aug 1, 2019 and Oct 29, 2019 (honor system)
- Open to anyone – male & female – anywhere in the world
- Must be shot using a video camera – no iPhone, drone or GoPro submissions accepted
- Maximum of 5 wave entries per surfer. (upload/delete as desired)
- Videographer must have the surfer’s consent
- No entry fee required.
HOW TO ENTER
- Post a video on your Instagram (only surfer can submit and they must tag the videographer)
- Must tag @innocnts and #BeachbreakBoogie1
- Clip must be unedited with just the complete wave. (music ok)
- No watermarks, i.e. logos, titles, etc.
Judging by a distinguished panel consisting of Justin Quintal, Matty Chojnacki, Hallie Rhor, Erin Ashley, and special guest judge tba. Judges will consider all waves/waveriders equally based upon the following criteria:
- 25% Length of wave (combination of maneuvers linked together)
- 25% Degree of difficulty and criticality (risk factor)
- 25% Style (Make it look good / Don’t force it)
- 25% Overall radness (Impress us)
Winner will be announced on Saturday November 14th, 2019 California time at 5pm via innocnts.com
Surfer prize (women/men each): $800 USD and invite to a future Vans Duct Tape Invitational
Videographer prize (women/men each): $200 USD
Upload ALL Submissions by October 31st, 2019